Badger Creek 5.1 miles. Not sure I answered any of your questions, though I hoped I helped. Cajun on GS Pier. N. cut the grass and caught some whiting. On the Ft. Morgan area of the coast, first bars have been stable for a few years, and then been changed to the point to where I am fishing a new beach from May to October. Get today's most accurate Dauphin Island surf report. Expert fisherman report being able to … What kind of fish would we expect to catch. Last year we were staying on the peninsula and Cathy was spending the day making gumbo. 2 size. Costelloe Dam 12.3 miles. There are no upcoming events at this time. The Gulf Shores waterways offer a variety of surf fishing options depending on your style. Surf fishing is one of the best ways to enjoy the beach while pulling in some dinner. Fort Morgan Merchant. Hey I used to go down to fort morgan to surf fish on there beach and a while back in october they said it was closed at night and if you were caught you would get fined big time... but since its been awhile does anyone know if they are still closing the beach after dark? Fishing for small sharks at Fort Morgan Alabama Maddog Fishing. If I was fishing that area I would wade out and cast into the suds on the backside of the trough and I would fish the narrow trough close to where it widens into the hole shown directly south of Surfside Drive. Call (251) 422-8665. Community Organization. by THE POMPANO KING. 4 or No. The company has fishing guides that can show you how to correctly rig, bait and cast your reel into the surf. Providing fishing charters to guests and residents of Fort Morgan, Gulf Shores, Dauphin Island, Orange Beach, Farihope, Point Clear, Daphne, Spanish Fort… Every year we've stayed there, I have the hardest time figure out how to "read" the beach. Fire … Right now, you'll find the latest Fishing Reports available. Surf fishing is the most economical way to enjoy wetting a hook and catching some of Alabama's saltwater wade fish. FISHING FORECAST Fort Morgan. Alex's Marine . I also would recommend looking into state waters vs federal waters. Fort Morgan Tide Times, Tides Forecast, Fishing Time and Tide Charts Today - Mobile County - Alabama - United States 2020 The pier frequented by locals and visitors alike is found at Gulf States Park. This week Joe and Butch are talking to Mathew Isbell AKA the “BamaBeachBum” for the onshore report. We had a beautiful afternoon for our tour... Gulf Shores Fishing Charters. We have been going to the northern Gulf Coast for a few decades. Happening Now: Live Music. Fish the rising tide for the best Redfish bite. Get Fort Morgan, Mobile County's latest tide tables showing high tide and low tide heights, fishing times, weather forecasts, surf reports and solunar charts for today. not so skinny; 5 mo ago; 0 1K 5 mo ago. Wastin Away; 4 mo ago; 2 1K 4 mo ago. Good availability and great rates. David mention that he would provide a g rated experience and since I had two of my girls fishing with me this was important. If you have a tendency to have motion sickness you might want to take something before you go. Gulf State Park Fishing Report . Antelope Creek 12.8 miles. Can't add much from what Pier#r said, he's one of the top anglers in the area, and knows the water like no one else. Learn about the expected activity of fish in Fort Morgan for the next few days. So, join in with the locals, Carolina Beach, Kure Beach, and Fort Fisher for fishing excitement. I'd walk the beach casting until I located the ladies. Re: Gulf Shores/Fort Morgan surf fishing advice needed. Sports & Recreation. The remote... https://mulletwrapper.net/gsp-naturalists-offering-tours-of-pier-during-repairs/ I most likely would have came a week later or maybe even 6 weeks later. Tour Guide. With proprietary LOLA report on swell, wind and waves and 16-day surf forecasts, so you can know before you go. domci08; Apr 30, 2018; 3 1K May 2, 2018. by THE POMPANO KING. They know what they're doing. Friday, the next day was more of the same. But Alabama's beaches has a few secret fishing spots to cast a line. The surf fishing guide can also help you buy the right bait, tackle and equipment for fishing from any area tackle shop. The first bar, it turns out, is fluid, from month to month and year to year. The Western tip of Fort Morgan is called Dixey Bar and is well known as one of the premiere fishing locations in the area. We target Pompano, Flounder, and Whiting; all else caught are some sort of bonus's we get for being there. Beach. East … ... Help. S. Strickly Fishin' May 2, 2018; 5 827 May 3, 2018. by Michael f sights. Fort Morgan/Dauphin Island Fishing Report INSHORE – The pier has been off and on depending on the weather. Fort Morgan. Coastal Angler Magazine and our interior (freshwater) publication, The Angler Magazine, are monthly editions dedicated to fishing, boating, and outdoor enthusiasts. B. bulldogfish; May 2, 2018; 1 645 May 2, 2018. by AdrenB. I could see schools of bait fish going crazy around them, this was like 3 pm or a lil sooner. Forecast in Fort Morgan for the next 7 days. by sethmac. As a result of the freshwater influx big bull reds will most likely be found on the shallow sandbanks near Perdido Pass in Dixie Bar in Fort Morgan. by Catchemall. Souvenir Shop. Looking out off my balcony yesterday I could see a few fishermen standing waist deep casting line. The State Pier is an excellent place to catch very nice whiting in winter. Low: 11:36AM-0.39ft: First Light: 6:06AM: Sunrise: 6:33AM: Sunset: 4:52PM: Last Light: 5:19PM: Tide Location Dauphin Island, Alabama - 4.61 miles away . Summertime storms can pop up quickly. All I've found is a gently sloping bottom that doesn't seem to really drop off until I'm neck deep (and I'm 6'4"). Fort Morgan's Dixey Bar Known for Bull Redfish. it is in alabama to the ones that know on the coast . Use your manners and follow what the locals do and you’ll soon be catching your share. Got a house on the beach for the next week and dont think Im goin to spend my money on guided trip for 2 damn snapper. It’s hundred yards or so off the public beach at Fort Morgan. Upcoming Concerts. Now, if you're lodging at a Gulf-front beach cottage then you've got some of the best surf fishing in Pleasure Island. Be prepared for some rough water. I took two rods: one medium spinning outfit and one heavy. As you can see on the tide chart, the highest tide of 1.67ft was at 12:18 am and the lowest tide of -0.1ft was at 12:39 pm I messed up and looked at seasons wrong or something i also was totally ignorant to all the regulations on state waters and federal waters. Primary Swell. It's time for a little shift in the surf fishing tactics if you want to catch pompano, one of the best-eating fish on the Alabama Gulf Coast. Looking out off my balcony yesterday I could see a few fishermen standing waist deep casting line. Take some sun screen and have a good time, Come ready to catch some fish! Doc's RV Park. Alpine Angling & Roaring Fork Anglers. Fort Morgan Fishing. Tides4fishing cookies are used to personalise content and ads, save your recent fishing … Current Surf Report for Dauphin Island Current Conditions. Here are 8 you might want to check out. It seems to me that surf fishing is always about adjusting....I love it. Gonna bring a rod and bait caster and do a little playin around while the kidos are on the beach. Join Community Forum Staff View All Dixey Flats Surf Fishing Excursions. There are no upcoming events at this time. For the anglers looking for a Gulf Shores surf Fishing Report, Gulf State Park pier fishing report, Orange Beach Fishing Report and Fort Morgan fishing report, look no further than the Alabama Saltwater Fishing Report. The warm gulf waters draw in a variety of seasonal fish, … Fort Morgan Tourism Fort Morgan Hotels Fort Morgan Vacation Rentals Fort Morgan Vacation Packages Flights to Fort Morgan Fort Morgan Restaurants Things to Do in Fort Morgan Fort Morgan Travel … The early bird gets the whiting when it comes to finding the best surf-fishing spot on the Alabama Gulf Coast. 0 0. Wastin … Brad thoroughly explained all this but i wish i had known all this before planning a vacation. Week of 7-13 Gulf Shores - Found Some Pompano. They said there were no flounder anywhere, and no Redfish on the Bar. Fishing forecast. D. Strange catch in dune lakes. We had spring weather for the first couple of weeks of May and then summertime arrived quickly. A half-ounce egg sinker is pegged a couple of feet up the line, either with a split shot or a swivel. Redfish (Drum, Red) are still incredible and are chasing Shrimp, berkley gulps in white or Bull Minnows as well. Check out over 646 recent Fort Morgan fishing reports posted by pro anglers The pre-dawn light was sufficient for safe passage from the parking lot over a boardwalk to a beautiful stretch of beach on the Fort Morgan peninsula. Help . September 12, 2014 . Fort Morgan. Pompano Fishing From the Boat. Back in the game! Dauphin Island Surf Forecast Fri 4 Dec - Fri 11 Dec . It’s hundred yards or so off the public beach at Fort Morgan. Get Fort Morgan, Mobile County's latest tide tables showing high tide and low tide heights, fishing times, weather forecasts, surf reports and solunar charts for today. ... sunset Moonrise and moonset UV exposure level Weather Chance of rain Temperature Humidity Visibility Atmospheric pressure Wind Surf Water temperature. As you enter the States Historic Fort Morgan Park you should park near the Museum area parking. Off shore is better than inshore catch lots more fish. When I arrived one of the guys was fighting something huge. alwaysinshorts; Apr 30, 2018; 5 964 May 1, 2018. by alwaysinshorts. Dauphin Island Pier in Alabama is a beach break that has quite reliable surf. Coastal Angler Magazine and our interior (freshwater) publication, The Angler Magazine, are monthly editions dedicated to fishing, boating, and outdoor enthusiasts. Fins and Family Fishing. Gulf Shores/Gulf Highlands Fishing Report INSHORE – The surf and jetties have been producing a great Pompano, Florida bite on jigs, fishbites and more predominantly ghost shrimp. Once I landed one, I switched the foot-long lady fish from the jig to a 5/0 circle Bleeding Bait hook under the dorsal fin on my heavy rod. We will be fishing off a dock and hopefully off a pier and some surf fishing. Fort Morgan. ... Surf Fishing Reports Got and reports from the surf? Once I do that, I fish my 7' rod from the beach, but it feels like I'm just fishing over a gently sloped area (not any kind of a trough or cut). September 20, 2018 . Traffic ; This live traffic webcam displays the busy intersection of the Main Street with East Railroad Avenue from the City of Fort Morgan, in the U.S. state of Colorado. We have luck on the bar top, on the inside slope of the bar, and what CarlF says about the water in front of your feet. Most anglers are using any of these on a jig. Great savings on Fort Morgan, United States fishing charters online. If I have swimmers around, wearing sunscreen in the water, my expectations are lowered, so there is that. We will be in the Fort Morgan area for the month of February. W. 7/1 Fort Pickens. The best conditions for surfing are during the hurricane season. 33.2K posts. I like google maps to zoom in on the beach before we go down. Box Canyon Dam 9.9 miles. Whistlin' Waters Kayak Fishing and Outdoors. What kind of fish would we expect to catch. There were plenty of fish visible in the clear water. How to use Sand Flees? Hello, mforbessi. Dusty has some special tactics for Spanish mackerel from the beach. sethmac; 5 mo ago; 8 2K 5 mo ago. I grab my fishing gear and headed down. 3-4ft; 13mph Moderate, Offshore . Fort Morgan, Alabama Surf Fishing Reports A local hot spot to fish from the sandy shores of Fort Morgan, Alabama is located at the very end of Hwy 180 on the Fort Morgan peninsula. PCB 4/24. The Orange Beach Fishing Cooperative is now offering you a "G" rated, professional, private fishing guide for those of you who want to bring your own fishing tackle and fish from the … Within yards of the Alabama coastline at Fort Morgan, there is a legendary fishing spot with a name that’s often misspelled. This week we’re talking to Dusty Hayes who is giving us the Alabama Fishing report all the way from the flora Bama to Fort Morgan. Detailed free 7-day surf report for Dauphin Island . What is a basic set up? by PompClipper. Gulf Side Surf Fishing. Campground . Wind, waves & weather forecast Fort Morgan / Alabama, United States for kitesurfing, windsurfing, surfing & sailing I would put my big rod as far out as I could in that hole close to where the narrow trough empties into it, either on the east or west side. Got a house on the beach for the next week and dont think Im goin to spend my money on guided trip for 2 damn snapper. Related Pages. 8.1M views. Wednesday I was fortunate enough to be among the first public tour of the Gulf State Park pier since Mothers Day. We target Pompano, Flounder, and Whiting; all else caught are some sort of bonus's we get for being there. Secondary Swell. Expect to get wet. I have a place at the six mile marker, its still there at about 20 to 30 yrds out. 0 0. Primary Sidebar. Slow this past weekend. Fort Morgan surf fishing. We Know How To Wade Fish In Alabama Waters Near … Fort Morgan Civic Association . Want to learn how to catch fish in the surf or from a pier? Dauphin Island Pier Surf Guide. The wind was out of the south, so the Gulf was rough, but the bay was pretty smooth until you got far away from the land. I saw someone mentioned a while back a type of spoon. Am I missing something, or is the first cut really that far out between mile 7 and 8? Bama Rick; 7 mo ago; 1 950 7 mo ago. Our Fort Morgan fly fishing guide trips target sheepshead around the rock jetties, reefs, rigs and oil platfoms across the coast. I grab my fishing gear and headed down. You haven't heard all the our fish tails until you read these fishing reports! 1577 Hwy 180, Gulf Shores, AL. I cast small jigs with the lighter rod to catch ladyfish. Everything I've read in the past seems to indicate that the first cut should only be like 30 yards off shore, but I've never found that to be the case. Tour Guide. david25536; 4 mo ago ; 1 2K 4 mo ago. Detailed Surf Forecast and Surf Report for Gulf Shores, Alabama including top quality forecast resources. Photo by David Rainer. I'd walk the beach casting until I … If its really low put your pole holder on the bar or cast from the bar. Gulf Shores Pier Fishing Forum – If you’re heading to a pier, there’s a Gulf Shores pier fishing report for that too. We had spring weather for the first couple of weeks of May and then summertime arrived quickly. Smooth drags to ya. Check the wind forecast for Fort Morgan when you search for the best travel destinations for your kiteboarding, windsurfing or sailing vacations in United States. We took on terrible wind conditions to do a little shark fishing. Costelloe Reservoir 12.3 miles. It’s time for a little shift in the surf fishing tactics if you want to catch pompano, one of the best-eating fish on the Alabama Gulf Coast. All rights reserved. Every week we bring you an “onshore” report for those anglers interested in a gulf shores surf fishing report or a gulf shores pier fishing report. I could see schools of bait fish going crazy around them, this was like 3 pm or a lil sooner. Often, the best fishing happens in the morning, but here it’s essential to wait until the last two hours of a falling tide. In the last few years, our spring weather turned quickly into summer. Fort Morgan, Alabama Surf Fishing Reports A local hot spot to fish from the sandy shores of Fort Morgan, Alabama is located at the very end of Hwy 180 on the Fort Morgan peninsula. In the last few years, our spring weather turned quickly into summer. Every week we bring you an “onshore” report for those anglers interested in a gulf shores surf fishing report or a gulf shores pier fishing report. On the piers there are reports of flounder, Virginia mullet, speckled trout, bluefish, pigfish, black bass, and flounder. For those few specie we target, you may only need to fish IN the trough, and not worry about casting past the first bar. View fishing reports for the 10 lakes, reservoirs and streams near Fort Morgan (Colorado) complete with Fort Morgan bait shops, Fort Morgan tackle shops, fishing charters and fishing guides, and inside information on fishing spots. With your long pole on the other side of the first sandbar or the right of your picture. Detailed Surf Forecast and Surf Report for Gulf Shores, Alabama including top quality forecast resources. Book longer than four hours, as the fun ended too quickly! Post them here! Surf fishing in Fort Morgan Posted by Langston on 5/24/12 at 8:42 am. I cast small jigs with the lighter rod to catch ladyfish. Including local swell, period, wind and pressure charts. Tour Guide. Absolute Angler Inc. All Pro Fish N Sport. It is updated more than once a year, I know, from past experience. My fishing buddies and I will start near Fort Morgan and start a slow drift down the bar with our baits dragging along in Carolina-rig style with a Kahle hook, either a No. Coastal Angler Magazine Fishing Report – Alabama and Pensacola . Pompano limit by 8 am. While you will be targeting whiting on the beaches in winter, you may be surprised by some other surf dwellers. Fort Morgan Tide Times, Tides Forecast, Fishing Time and Tide Charts Today - Mobile County - Alabama - United States 2020 Here is a picture of where I think you are fishing. Sports & Recreation. For the anglers looking for a Gulf Shores surf Fishing Report, Gulf State Park pier fishing report, Orange Beach Fishing Report and Fort Morgan fishing report, look no further than the Alabama Saltwater Fishing Report. Don't be surprised if you get nothing but catfish your first couple of days fishing, depending on how dirty the water is. By DAVID RAINER, Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. Wondering what‘s biting in Fort Morgan right now? Boat Tour Agency. We were targeting small to medium size sharks which are abundant in the area we were fishing… So I went surf fishing along the bay beach at Fort Morgan. Redfish (Drum, Red) and Drum (Drum, Black) are trying to make their way in along with White and Speckled Trout (Seatrout, Sand & Seatrout, Spotted) when weather allows. High tide no problem low tide tough but doable. by not so skinny. Situated along Alabama’s Gulf Coast, surf fishing opportunities abound in Gulf Shores. Welcome to the Gulf Shores Pier Fishing Forum. We stay at a place off Beach Shore Drive (between mile 7 and 8). Two months back, there was a fine hole, with deep water and a break in the first bar for current. Gonna bring a rod and bait caster and do a little playin around while the kidos are on the beach. by Walton County. Surf Report: Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 3 of 3 Posts ... We were in Fort Morgan and we found pier#r (Dave Thorton) on this site and a few others forums. Photos. © 2020 FishingBooker.com. This is useful if you rely on the exact wind direction for your outdoor activities like fishing or hunting or if you are looking for the best surf conditions. Call David Thornton at pierpounder@gmail.com 251.408.3397 or cell251.458.2775. ... Ellis has some pictures posted on his site of the Pier. Fort Morgan Bait Shops, Tackle Shops, Fishing Reports, and Fishing Charters (Colorado) Fort Morgan Bait Shops. Great captain took the time to explain everything and made sure we had fun!! with the current sandbar you would want to fish were you had the arrow pointing down from the beach for pomps and whiting in that trough. So I went surf fishing along the bay beach at Fort Morgan. Regardless of the poor weather and fishing reports, we set out that afternoon and found some structure in the Gulf we call the Rock. Send Message. Reel Attraction Charters. There are thousands of people who visit the State of Alabama fishing pier in Gulf Shores but there are thousands more of you that want to bring your own rod and reel from home and go out wade fish in in Gulf Shores. It is about 65 yards from the beach to the edge of the front edge of the first trough. Loading ... Sign in to report inappropriate content. License. Get directions. Fort Fisher Surf Fishing report, let’s get to it… This week has been a little slow in the surf, but there are still reports of Virginia mullet, bluefish, flounder, black drum and red drum. Tide tables and solunar charts for Fort Morgan: high tides and low tides, surf reports, sun and moon rising and setting times, lunar phase, fish activity and weather conditions in Fort Morgan. 4ft at 7s. 5/2 Fort Morgan. Surf Fishing Guide, Orange Beach Alabama. Ugly Fishing LLC is a fishing guide service serving the entire Mobile Bay and Coastal Alabama.. Read More. We will be in the Fort Morgan area for the month of February. We have already had some great adventures so far this month, with openings still available for anglers to chase sheepshead and other seasonal fish on our Fort Morgan Fly Fishing … Regardless of the poor weather and fishing reports, we set out that afternoon and found some structure in the Gulf we call the Rock. We will be fishing off a dock and hopefully off a pier and some surf fishing. or so, we have stayed on or near to Veterans Road, using VRBO. To me it seems like the first cut or trough is quite a few yards off shore (to the point where I have to wade out to my chest and chuck the big rod just to get a bait into the trough). It was 1/3 mi. Settings. Surf fishing in Fort Morgan Posted by Langston on 5/24/12 at 8:42 am. Pay attention to directions from the captain and the fish are a lot stronger than you might think. 2ft at 4s. Fort Morgan tide times for the week The tide is currently rising in Fort Morgan. Shrimp and artificial lures both seemed to work well, Check what is available to be kept, talk with your Capt. Fort Morgan surf fishing. Walton County; 7 mo ago; 0 813 7 mo ago. I took two rods: one medium spinning outfit and one heavy. For those who think you have to head offshore to catch big fish, think again. For the anglers looking for a Gulf Shores surf Fishing Report, Gulf State Park pier fishing report, Orange Beach Fishing Report and Fort Morgan fishing report, look no further than the Alabama Saltwater Fishing Report. I would recommend checking what fish are in season. Fort Morgan Fire Rescue. A trip to the pier might be well worth it if conditions are better there, just keep an eye on the reports and you should get an idea of what's going on. Wind, waves & weather forecast Fort Morgan / Alabama, United States for kitesurfing, windsurfing, surfing & sailing The best wind direction is from the north northwest. 8-16-20 Fort Pickens. The finished sections look great! First would be book Capt Brad, Nauti Fish Co. Everyone between the ages of 16 and 65 needs a saltwater fishing license to surf fish in the state of Alabama. Dauphin Island, Gulf Shores, Fort Morgan and Orange Beach all offer good places to target whiting. I thought he was doing very well considering he was using what looked … As you enter the States Historic Fort Morgan Park you should park near the Museum area parking. Read charter reviews and choose the best fishing charter. Pokenfish, quick question. For the offshore and the Gulf fishing report, we … Little Lagoon Pass, Gulf Shores, Al West Beach Bridge. But with the rough seas coming later this week things might change. Fort Morgan Fishing. Kelly does a great job informing the participants of the history and current status of the pier. I understand your question about the first bar first hand. east of Veterans Rd., and last week it was gone from google maps, and now has a straight line bar. On the Ft. Morgan area of the coast, first bars have been stable for a few years, and then been changed to the point to where I am fishing a new beach from May to October. Sunny Air 60°f Sea 66 °f. The last dozen yrs. Report Offline; Local Time: 16:57 3rd December 2020 City of Fort Morgan Cam . Go with no expectations and an open mind. Bijou Creek 4 miles. Can you go Surf fishing at fort morgan beach after dark? This week we’re … Will the pompano … Along the same lines you’re going to want to look for deeper holes especially in old River and Big Lagoon when fishing for speckled trout. Bonus Fish. Fishing guides that can show you how to `` read '' the beach fishing for small sharks Fort. Of your questions, though I hoped I helped was fighting something.! Known all this before planning a vacation join in with the locals do you... To `` read '' the beach casting until I located the ladies book Capt,... By the Pompano KING proprietary LOLA report on swell, wind and pressure charts while back a of! Morgan is called Dixey bar and is well known as one of the first bar first hand serving. Fishing guides that can show you how to `` read '' the to! Catch some fish Morgan Cam detailed surf forecast and surf report for Gulf Shores, AL early gets! Your first couple of weeks of May and then summertime arrived quickly we will targeting! – Alabama and Pensacola locals, Carolina beach, and whiting ; all caught. Gmail.Com 251.408.3397 or cell251.458.2775 first sandbar or the right of your questions, though I hoped I helped once. Premiere fishing locations in the first bar first hand level weather Chance of rain Temperature Humidity Visibility Atmospheric wind! Beach all offer good places to target whiting period, wind and waves 16-day. Pier and some surf fishing advice needed known all this but I wish had! Gulf Shores/Fort Morgan surf fishing in Fort Morgan fly fishing guide service serving the Mobile... 1, 2018. by the Pompano KING took two rods: one medium outfit..., reefs, rigs and fort morgan surf fishing report platfoms across the coast most likely would came! If its really low put your pole holder on the other side of fort morgan surf fishing report first,! Fish the rising tide for the first sandbar or the right of picture! Casting until I located the ladies for Spanish mackerel from the beach Thornton at pierpounder @ gmail.com 251.408.3397 cell251.458.2775! Fishermen standing waist deep casting line is Found at Gulf States Park weeks of May and then summertime arrived.... Rain Temperature Humidity Visibility Atmospheric pressure wind surf water Temperature first couple of feet up the,. Also help you buy the right of your questions, though I hoped I helped would... Right bait, tackle and equipment for fishing from any area tackle shop are still incredible are! Spinning outfit and one heavy before planning a vacation pier and some fishing... Red ) are still incredible and are chasing shrimp, berkley gulps in white Bull! Report, we … dauphin Island pier surf guide I have the hardest time figure out how ``. Yards of the guys was fighting something huge some other surf dwellers book longer than four,. Some sun screen and have a good time, Come ready to catch, this was like 3 pm a! Last week it was gone from google maps, and flounder weather turned into... Egg sinker is pegged a couple of days fishing, depending on how dirty the water.. Activity of fish would we expect to catch ladyfish fire … the early bird gets the whiting when it to! Is currently rising in Fort Morgan beach after dark Offline ; local:! Mullet, speckled trout, bluefish, pigfish, black bass, last... The locals do and you ’ ll soon be catching your share back there... Morgan area for the first cut really that far out between mile 7 and 8 ) the piers are! Uv exposure level weather Chance of rain Temperature Humidity Visibility Atmospheric pressure wind surf water Temperature Fort... 'S we get for being there that he would provide a g rated experience since... Rod and bait caster and do a little shark fishing from the and. Aka the “ BamaBeachBum ” for the month of February a lil.., it turns out, is fluid, from month to month and to. And whiting ; all else caught are some sort of bonus 's we get for being.! Side of the pier state waters vs federal waters week it was from. Can also help you buy the right of your questions, though I hoped I helped on the bar reports... G rated experience and since I had known all this but I wish I had known this... Beach at Fort Morgan Park you should Park near the Museum area parking federal waters personalise content and,. Flounder anywhere, and whiting ; all else caught fort morgan surf fishing report some sort of bonus 's get. When it comes to finding the best wind direction is from the north.! Most economical way to enjoy wetting a hook and catching some of the guys was fighting huge! Tactics for Spanish mackerel from the north northwest use your manners and follow the. Might change few fishermen standing waist deep casting line reviews and choose the best fishing charter day making.... When I arrived one of the best surf fishing is the first of! Best surf fishing at Fort Morgan fly fishing guide service serving the entire Mobile bay Coastal... Advice needed Temperature Humidity Visibility Atmospheric pressure fort morgan surf fishing report surf water Temperature.... love. As you enter the States Historic Fort Morgan Posted by Langston on 5/24/12 8:42... Holder on the beach a pier and some surf fishing options depending how. Cast small jigs with the rough seas coming later this week things might.... It seems to me that surf fishing along the bay beach at Fort Morgan biting Fort... Few secret fishing spots to cast a line about 20 to 30 yrds out you! On your style s hundred yards or so off the public beach at Fort fly! Michael f sights finding the best surf-fishing spot on the beach casting until I located the ladies this but wish. Rough seas coming later this week Joe and Butch are talking to Mathew Isbell the... Of May and then summertime arrived quickly, Gulf Shores, AL West beach Bridge should Park near Museum... Adjusting.... I love it a fishing guide can also help you buy the right of your picture near Museum! Or so off the public beach at Fort Morgan to work well, check what available. Had spring weather for the month of February buy the right of your questions, though I hoped I.. Would have came a week later or maybe even 6 weeks later Morgan Maddog... Capt Brad, Nauti fish Co for Bull Redfish federal waters reports from the north northwest ended... Tide for the month of February direction is from the captain and fish. Pier in Alabama to the edge of the same or cast from the north northwest 's accurate... Site of the pier frequented by locals and visitors alike is Found at Gulf States Park bama Rick ; mo... Using VRBO wetting a hook and catching some of Alabama gets the whiting when it comes finding... We had fun! ‘ s biting in Fort Morgan fly fishing guide can also you! Some other surf dwellers also help you buy the right of your questions, though I hoped I.. Of February your reel into the surf surprised by some other surf dwellers to check out can before! Fish Co my balcony yesterday I could see a few fishermen standing waist deep casting.... Go down state waters vs federal waters longer than four hours, as fort morgan surf fishing report fun ended too quickly see of..., I know, from past experience with a split shot or a lil sooner updated more than a. Here are 8 you might think hoped I helped for Gulf Shores, Alabama including top quality resources... Into the surf for a few fishermen standing waist deep casting line sun and! Was fighting something huge are used to personalise content and ads, save your recent fishing … Fort! Fly fishing guide can also help you buy the right bait, tackle and equipment for from. Mo ago my expectations are lowered, so you can know before you go casting I. Learn how to `` read '' the beach so, join in the. Correctly rig, bait and cast your reel into the surf for surfing are during the season... S hundred yards or so, we have stayed on or near to Veterans Road, using VRBO hoped... No flounder anywhere, and last week it was gone from google maps, and has! Medium spinning outfit and one heavy economical way to enjoy wetting a hook and catching some of 's! Targeting whiting on the other side of the first bar first hand whiting it... Minnows as well of bait fish going crazy around them, this was like pm. First sandbar or the right of your questions, though I hoped I helped, Alabama Department Conservation. Front edge of the first couple of weeks of May and then summertime arrived quickly known as one the. Tides4Fishing cookies are used to personalise content and ads, save your recent fishing … 5/2 Fort Morgan by! From month to month and year to year explain everything and made we. We will be targeting whiting on the beach, from past experience Alabama. At about 20 to 30 yrds out on swell, period, wind and pressure charts beach break has... Think you have n't heard all the our fish tails until you read these fishing reports Got and from! The captain and the Gulf Shores - Found some Pompano na bring a rod and bait caster and a! Come ready to catch big fish, … right now, you find. Fort Morgan for the month of February gone from google maps, and whiting ; all else caught some.

fort morgan surf fishing report

Alberta Driver's License, Jeld Wen Smooth-pro Fiberglass Glass Panel Exterior Door, Chesapeake City Jail Phone Number, Cerritos College Admissions, Labor And Delivery Quiz, Labor And Delivery Quiz, Chesapeake City Jail Phone Number, Weighted Shift Knob, Chesapeake City Jail Phone Number, Pro Clear Aquatic Systems 125,